Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful" ~ E.E. Cummings

This is the most timely quote evah! We had an ice storm last week - on top of a base of snow and this week we are experiencing above-normal temps. And my front yard has a huge puddle in it! See my hand in the reflection, there? My driveway continues to be a skating rink. It's on the north side of the mountain, and in the woods, so it takes a while to melt. We need SUNshine! Haven't seen that for several days...

So, I don't know about wonderful, but it sure is puddle-y around here!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Does this mean your ice rink has disappeared and you can go on your walks now.
That's definitely a puddle there!!

Tanya said...

Jan, I'm in Massachusetts!
Would you believe we had all that rain yesterday and then this morning I wake up and everything is covered in snow again.. unbelievable.