Thursday, February 7, 2008

"We can do more than imagine, we can create" ~ Dan Zadra

Create something today, be it a memory, or art

Today was banking day. I'm the church treasurer so I not only do my own banking, but also the church's on Thursdays. So, not exactly the kind of memory I want to create! :)

Instead, since I finished in good time, I decided to work on my ATC's, painting up some blank ones, and then I went ahead and did the one for this week (following Emily Falconbridge's prompts from 2007). This week's prompt was: Love, love, love! :) I wrote on the back that I believe that at the heart of all the world's problems is the lack of, or want for, love. It's such a basic human need. I bet if you think about all the struggles you have in your life - with other people, I mean - you can boil it all down to the fact that someone is not feeling the love. Not being (or feeling) loved makes us do all sorts of things. Hurtful things. Crazy things. Frantic things. Desperate things. Cold things. Cruel things. Deep down, it's what we all really want - don't you think?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Such lovely heartfelt journaling. I totally agree with you too. If we had the love for God and our fellow man we would definitely have an easier time of things. It's the first 2 commandments.
I love you ATC card.. wonderfully adorable!