Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Chocolate"

Think of chocolate, baking, love. Which one will inspire you today?

Well, I hate to say it, but it's the chocolate that inspires me today!

So I said to my dh when I saw today's prompt, "please stop by the store on your way home and buy something chocolate and pretty",

to which he promptly responded, "huh?".

"Some chocolate. And pretty. I need to take a photo of something chocolate and I want it to look delicious."

"You mean candy?"

*sigh*

The funny thing is that, since the new year (and aforementioned goals that I'm sticking to pretty well), I've tried to keep sweets and, in particular, chocolate OUT of the house. I even told dh NOT to get me any chocolates for V-day this year. (Aren't I doing well?) So what should appear on our doorstep on V-day but a "mystery" package containing - you guessed it - a gorgeous red box of chocolates. *again with the sigh* I looked and looked and couldn't find who it was from because dh swore it wasn't from him. Here's the reason I can't have this stuff in the house. It just calls my name and so, after eating enough to make my tummy sick (in all fairness, my tummy hasn't been used to eating lots of chocolate lately), dh finally found the paper that said who it was from. My mother. This is the first time in my 55 year history of knowing her that she sent me chocolates. *SIGH* The remainder of the box was relegated to my husband's secret stash.

So the prompt today made me laugh. Because I was freshly OUT of chocolate to photograph and, hence, the confusing phone call to my dh. So yes, there's chocolate back in the house. But our son will be here tomorrow to help eat it. In the meantime, I've cut into it, arranged it, photographed it, licked the icing off my fingers and yes, even have had a piece of that cake (which, by the way, only has chocolate icing.) Yeah, chocolate inspires me - to do very weird things. Now, if only I could get Johnny Depp to bring me some... ;)

No comments: