Wednesday, February 27, 2008

“Look at what you've got and make the best of it. It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.”

Proverb

I think it's the whole "see the cup as half full, rather than half empty" thing. And I am really all about that. I used to think it might be better to be a pessimist, because if you always expect the worst then you're not disappointed when that's exactly what you get. But have you been around a pessimist lately? Not a happy place to be. Negativity just sucks the life out of you and everyone around you.

So I choose to be an optimist, a positive thinker, a generally happy person. I just feels better. When you're looking for good - in your life, your circumstances, the people around you - you're generally going to find it.

1 comment:

domestic goddess said...

love your journalling, perfect and all so true!