Tuesday, February 26, 2008



"Joy enters the room. It settles on the windowsill, waiting to see whether it will be welcome here."

-Kim Chernin

Have you ever heard the thought that the mood of the home is determined by the mood of the woman? You know - "if momma ain't happy, ain't NObody happy!" I hate that, but dang if I don't find that it's so often true! Why is that? Maybe it's because we women are such emotional, even spiritual beings that the vibes we send out are not only felt by those around us, but possibly even adopted by those around us. Now, I have to say, that ever since I've been married, I've lived in a house full of boys, er, men. No... Boys! ;) Males do tend to go with flow... I've seen it time and again. (I have no idea how this works in a house full of women!) :) So, I feel the onus is on ME to be in a good mood. Unfair! Who's gonna make ME feel better when I'm NOT in a good mood? Let's say it all together - NObody! :)

So, Joy, please don't sit there waiting on the windowsill waiting to see. Come IN. Fill me up. Fill up my home! And come every day!

No comments: