Monday, February 11, 2008

( For Monday, February 11)

"Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some." ~Robert Fulghum

I'm working on a "special" project right now. Happily, that project also involved gettin' scrappy with it and that always presents lots of time for thinking... By the description above, my life is pretty darn balanced because I do all those things on a very regular basis. Some more than others, sure, but I'm just sayin'.

I really enjoy learning AND thinking. Sometimes, though, I think that I think too much. Am I the only one with, like, a gazillion thoughts running around in my head at any given time? It makes it hard to fall asleep sometimes. And I can always tell when it's time to get up in the morning...it's when my mind kicks in and I start thinking about what I'm going to do that day. There no hope for falling back to sleep after that. I try not to have that happen at 4 a.m.

Next month, I'll be taking another digi scrapping course from Jessica Sprague (http://www.jessicasprague.com/). Her classes are SO great. This will be the 3rd-level digi class. And, as a worship leader, I will be learning some new songs this week, something that I do on a regular basis. AND, I'm still trying to figure out my camera. I'm getting some good photos, but I don't know why. And I need to know why. So, yeah, I'm still challenging the old brain to work.

I do sing on a very regular basis. And if you lump the drawing and painting and dancing and playing all together, then, yes, I touch base with my ability to create/express on a regular basis.

And I've got plenty of "work" to do to keep me busy in all the in-between times. More than I actually get to, but that's another story. I do enough.

So, yeah, I'm feeling pretty balanced here. And that's a good feeling!

No comments: