Thursday, January 24, 2008


"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."
Pride of the Yankees


Today, I'm very thankful for my simple life and some of the things I do that, while they may seem mundane, on the grand scale of things, they are the stuff that "ordinary" is made of. And today I'm thankful for ordinary. I don't know if I'd use the word "luck", but this is the life I have and I am blessed by it's ordinary-ness.

My mood of gratitude today is definitely fueled by reading Christine's blog and Jody's blog, as I do regularly. I became aware of these woman months ago through our mutual love of scrapbooking and my fave website, SIStv, but I keep reading because they are remarkable women. Christine has just lost her husband (this month) to brain cancer. She is now left (with wonderful support from her extended family) to raise her 1 y/o son alone. She has so openly and honestly shared her journey through the illness and now loss of her husband. Jody has sufferend mind-boggling, senseless tragedy, from which she and her family are still feeling the effects on a daily basis. (If you click on the "Losing Teagan" link right under her profile you can read the whole story. Warning: have a kleenex handy.) I especially love Jody's post for this day. It's uplifting enough, but especially in light of what she's been through, her strength is truly inspiring.

So, yeah. I'm a "lucky" girl. My life is uncomplicated and blessed. Today, I'm really grateful for that.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I cried and cried.. We can get so caught up in ourselves tat we can lose sight of the sufferings and plights of others.
We are all indeed fortunate and we should always be grateful!!
Thank you for this Jan.