Friday, January 4, 2008

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are"

Mary Jean Irion


My "normal" day usually has the same basic pattern:

. sleep in
. get up and have coffee, do devotions
. have 2nd cup and breakfast
. do previous while checking email, blogs, etc.
. daily stuff - some chores, lots of freedom
. get on computer again
. go to bed in the wee hours

What I LOVE about being retired is that I am the master of my time. There is a certain amount of responsibility (discipline) that goes with that, which I'm getting around to after 7 months of utter freedom. (Hence my word for 2008 = productive and leads to the list on day 1). But I so love that I have a lot of "free" time that I can fill with whatever I choose. Believe me, I am totally aware of, grateful for and treasure my normal little days.

No comments: