Monday, January 14, 2008


"Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.”
Bette Davis


I didn't even ask for this for Christmas because it was so - impossible. But then circumstances changed and where my dh and I usually take some certain Christmas money and save it for a trip, this year we decided to split it between us for personal use. It was my dh that even said to me, "you could get your camera".

Woah. What a stunning thought! I could! I COULD get the new camera that I thought would have to stay in my dreams for a long, long time! And, today - yes the very day of the quote above - my new camera came and I went and picked it up. Oh, baby. I cannot wait to play.

Part of the impossible was the $$. The other part was that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" thing. I'm just a point and shoot camera user. So learning the SLR will be a real challenge for me. But I'm UP to it! And, oh, yeah, it will most definitely improve my work. Hopefully, that will be apparent very soon right here on this blog! :)

3 comments:

KJayT said...

Loving your photos!
Congratulations on getting your camera - I'm a Canon user and cannot fault them (I've had film and digital SLRs from them). They're so easy to use, and even in fully automatic mode you're going to see a big difference in your shots.
Emjoy!
Kim

Martha said...

Good for you on getting your camera!
You will love having an SLR!

Raewyn aka whinney said...

Congrats on the new camera you lucky thing. Here are some links to the new photography articles at 2peas that may be helpful...
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/cg_display.asp?g=2&seed_id=26074
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/cg_display.asp?g=2&seed_id=26122
1st and 2nd week of 12 weeks.
Raewyn