Thursday, January 3, 2008


"Life is too short and too amazing to spend time worrying about imperfection "
Ali Edwards


Okay, I thought about this all day. I understand that Ali was talking about scrapbooking - or creating in general - when she said the above quote. And I admit that in that area, and in most task-oriented areas, I tend to be "perfectionistic".

But I realized today that perfection is totally in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? What may seem "perfect" to ME may not to someone else. Just like beauty, music, taste for food, movies, books, art (or anything), and almost anything we could form an opinion about. There is no "perfect". It's all subjective.

This is kind of an "aha" moment for me because I do tend to think that my way - in many task-oriented areas anyway - (and my husband will heartily agree with me here) is THE right way. Because I seek to achieve MY idea of perfection.

I got to thinking about God, Who IS perfection in God, Person and Spirit. So, as I look around at His creation, I'm thinking, "is there a perfect tree? Flower? Sunset? Human face?" And I became very grateful for the many imperfections that make this world sooooo beautiful. I think I kind of put it all in perspective for myself! God knew what He was doing when he made us all different - inside and out. Perfect! :)

2 comments:

Martha said...

Very well said. And I love the photo!

Alf said...

....And I became very grateful for the many imperfections that make this world sooooo beautiful....

So well said!