Tuesday, January 15, 2008














"Make rest and refreshment a necessity, not a luxury."
Dan Zadra


Rest and refreshment have been my middle name ever since I got tired of having the feeling that my life was like a merry-go-round I could never quite step onto. Retirement has helped immensely. Even still, I know how much I can handle, so I know when to say no and I know how, when the stress level does get a little high, to just take a breath, slow down and kick it back a little. This is good. This keeps me sane.

I know it's not Ansel Adams or anything, but this is one of my very first photos shot with my new SLR. Wow, do I ever have a LOT to learn! There's a TON of info to retain...but I'll get there because I'm very determined! :) I actually did get right down on the floor with my kitty (a.k.a. Rocky) for this shot. You know, it's actually much harder to get a CAT to look at you when you want them to, than a 3 year old! Geesh!

I LOVED Anna's photo tips today. I printed them out and I'll be experimenting when I can figure out all my little settings....

No comments: