Sunday, March 2, 2008

"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child."

Sophia Loren

Even though it's not Mother's Day here in the USA, as it is in the homeland of our prompt-giver, I don't mind posting a picture of my children (all "three" of them!). I'm sorry that my awesome daughter-in-law isn't in the photo (she's taking it). This was this past Christmas.

There is never a day that goes by where I don't either think about, pray for, talk to or look at photos of my children. I love them so much and I'm so proud of them. There's nothing that any of them - or anyone else - could ever do to change that, either. It's a fierce thing, this mother-love. It's intense. And it's a special kind of love that you can't possibly know for someone unless you ARE their mother. It's been one of the greatest joys of my life.

No comments: