Saturday, March 15, 2008


“Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.”

-Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906-1945), pastor, theologian, German Resistance fighter in World War II

Responsibilitiy in all our lives is important. Our scrapbooking is a responsibility to preserve our memories for future generations. What responsibility in your life is most important?

I do not only our home banking and everything that entails, but I'm also the church treasurer and so I'm responsible for balancing that checkbook as well, paying all the bills on time and keeping meticulous records of everything. Those are big responsibilities that I take seriously.

But I think my biggest responsibility is to my children. I'm responsible to be there for them, even though they're grown-ups. I want to keep the lines of communication open and our door always open for them. I'm responsible to be truthful with them and an encouragement to them. I'm responsible to treat them with respect and try to offer advice only when asked (not so easy, that one!). And, most of all, I'm responsible to pray for them daily and love them with all I am. After all, God has entrusted them to my care. while they're here on earth. I consider that a huge responsibility...

No comments: