Tuesday, March 11, 2008

“First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, 'I believe,' three times. ”

Norman Vincent Peale (1898-1993), author, preacher

I believe that I am loved by God. I believe there is Truth and Truth belongs to God, no matter who else decides to put their name on it. I believe my faith is all about having a relationship with God and not about following rules. I believe in forgiveness and grace and mercy and that part of God's plan for me on this earth is to not only receive those things from Him, but also to allow Him to use me to give those things to others that He brings into my life. I believe He has richly and abundantly blessed me. And I believe that I fail - on a daily basis - to truly understand the immensity of His love for me. I fail to trust Him 100% of the time. I fail to love others as He has loved me. I fail to forgive as I've been forgiven. I fail to live my life with gratitude and appreciation for all He has given me. And yet.... I believe that I am loved by God. I believe.

No comments: