Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you"

- Frank Lloyd Wright
Nature - God's creation - is where I feel the most at peace. I love it so much. It's why I wanted to build our home in the woods. There's nothing like waking up each day with "nature" goin' on right outside your window. We have lots of birds and wild animals around all the time. There's nothing so soothing as the call of the wood thrush in the evening or the sound of the wind finding its way through the pines. Nothing like standing on your front porch and smelling the fragrance of spring or the freshness of a summer rain. Nothing like the quiet after a newly fallen snow. Nothing like wiggling your toes in the cool grass or crunching through fallen leaves. And have I mentioned the ever-changing beauty of each season? I love it all. God's creation has never failed me.

No comments: