Monday, April 21, 2008

PRUDENCE - 1 : the ability to govern and discipline oneself by the use of reason 2 : sagacity or shrewdness in the management of affairs 3 : skill and good judgment in the use of resources 4 : caution or circumspection as to danger or risk

Now there's another word we don't really use too often - prudence. It reminds me of former Pres. George Bush. And the Beatles.

I'd say I practice prudence pretty regularly. I'm not a big risk taker or trouble maker. I like to avoid danger, pain, discomfort, making mistakes and risking my reputation. I believe that since I have put myself "out there" as a Christian and since I do serve in a few leadership positions, that I have a responsibility to God, to my church to my family and to myself to be discerning about the impression that I leave. I don't feel that I have to sacrifice "who I am" to do so either - because that IS who I am...

No comments: