Monday, May 12, 2008

"Just a perfect day
Drink sangria in the park
And then later, when it gets dark, we'll go home
Just a perfect day
Feed animals in the zoo
Then later a movie too, and then home"

-Lou Reed

What is your perfect day - journal

My perfect day begins with sleeping in as long as I want. When I get up, it's sunny, coolish and I have tons of energy, so I start my day with a 2 mile walk. The birds are singing and my thoughts are keeping me company. I come back and have coffee and a quiet time of devotions, planning and praying. In this perfect day, my house is already perfectly clean and all my projects are finished and caught up. So, what I have before me is a day full of potential, a day in which I am free to do whatever I want. That's my perfect day. I would do some scrapping, have some computer time, do a little reading and my husband would fix a fabulous dinner (yes, he can!) that we would enjoy in the perfect summer evening temperatures out on our deck. My day might end with our kids (and assorted wives, fiances and children) or some close friends coming over to sit on the deck with us, sharing laughs and meaningful conversation. I'd fall into bed content and thankful for the wonderful blessings God has given me, read a little and fall into perfect sleep...

1 comment:

Donna Gotlib said...

your perfect day sounds nice.