Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Discover"

Here's what I've discovered about myself lately. I'm crazy busy. The photo above is so perfect! Yep - my life is like a merry-go-round and I can't quite get off. Or on. Or off. Whatever. The photo perfectly expresses the craziness that I'm feeling. I've been out of town for a week twice in the last 5 weeks and I feel horribly behind. I'm feeling the pressure of catching up not only with all the missing photos on this blog, but with all the missing layouts - there are about 5 now. And I'm behind in so many other areas as well.

I LOVE doing this challenge, keeping this blog. It's been great. I've loved the prompts and being able to express myself both in photos and words. But, at the same time, I have to remind myself that I don't HAVE to do this. I just hate being behind and being in a constant state of catch-up.

SO, I've made the decision to give it up. I need to relieve this feeling of pressure that's beginning to cause me stress. I have projects and obligations that I DO need to do and I've decided to put my energies into those.

So, I want to thank Anna, the creator of this 365 Challenge. I so appreciate the time and thought that she's put into it. Maybe I can pick it up later when things settle down a bit. But with the summer I have ahead, that probably won't be happening any time real soon. I'm just sayin'.... :)

3 comments:

Donna Gotlib said...

Oh, what a great photo!

Anonymous said...

Jan,
IO'll miss checking in on your 365 blog but I totally understand your decision. I felt the same way earlier this year, but at least you had the graciousness to explain! Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

HI JAN!!!
you are such a cool girl.
for a granma...
i love you.d